Life is getting easier with technology and social media but it’s also getting quite confusing as we get served more and more cheap information from so-called “experts.”
Nutrition falls right into this category of confusion. Macros this, calories that, detox this, juice cleanse that: what in the world are you supposed to do to get healthy, lean out, and have energy? If you just read Internet articles (funny, that’s what this is), you will be met with thousands of complex answers. DON’T FALL VICTIM TO COMPLEXITY FOR COMPLEXITY’S SAKE.
Nutrition must start SIMPLE!
You need to meet yourself where YOU are, today. Consider these simple fixes:
- Are you chewing your food 32 times? It may sound ridiculous, but this will allow your body to absorb more of your food’s nutrients.
- Are you eating vegetables multiple times per day?
- Are you eating 10 colors of vegetables throughout the week?
- Are you drinking ½ of your bodyweight, in ounces, of water each day (as a minimum)?
- Are you taking in a consistent amount of protein?
- Are you mixing up your food sources so that you don’t eat exactly the same thing each day?
If you aren’t doing one of these things, put that in place today, and your health will move in the right direction. Once you’ve got that dialed in, add another. Nutrition isn’t a “figure out the fastest option” game. It’s a game of consistency, cleanliness, quality and above all – simplicity.
Take a few moments and ask yourself, “Where am I, today?” It's almost guaranteed that a few simple tweaks will help you build upon where you find yourself and it will make a world of difference in the long run.
And, if you’re still in doubt, remember these words of advice that we’ve seen work wonders:
Make 2 better choices each day.